Viking HD Dry Suit
The Viking HD dry suit is considered to be the industry standard for commercial diving equipment worldwide. The dry suit material is heavy duty, built to withstand the rigors of diving in a harsh working diving environment. Whether the job is cleaning a ship’s hull, carrying out welding and inspection, or clearing a fouled propeller, the Viking HD dry suit will withstand any of these tasks. The Viking HD dry suit is easy to clean and repair in the event of destruction minimizing any downtime. Additional layers of anti-slip textured rubber are applied to areas at risk of wear with reinforced shoulders and zipper. The front of the legs from above the knee, down to the boots and around the boots is also protected from abrasion and puncturing. Each Viking HD dry suit comes supplied with suspenders, carry bag, user manual, repair kit and zip care materials.
Unique Viking HD Dry Suit Features
- Internal stitched and taped seams
- External vulcanized seams for security
- Blend of natural and synthetic rubbers (NR/EPDM), on a 2-way stretch knitted polyester lining
- Total material weight is 1550 g/m2± 100 g/m2
- Internal seams are stitched together with an elastic tape for security
- External seams are vulcanized with a 25mm rubber tape
- 90cm of gas and watertight heavy duty zipper is placed across the shoulders; black suits are equipped with a non-mag zipper
Viking HD Dry Suit Valves
Standard configuration of the Viking HD dry suit includes the following mounted on rubber backing discs:
- Push protected inlet valve, positioned centrally on the chest
- Hose: CEJN fitting, 80 cm long
- Viking X2 exhaust valve, placed on the upper left arm
- Free flow suits have no rubber backing discs fitted
Viking HD Dry Suit Neck Seal
The Viking HD dry suit is fitted with a Surveyor latex neck seal as standard. For an alternative option, Desco offers a Viking Quick Connect collar system which allows for quick changing of broken seals.
Viking HD Dry Suit Hood Options
Viking HD suits may be fitted with a wide range of hood options as follows:
- Surveyor latex hood + thermal inner hood
- Nautic neoprene hood with smooth face seal
- Smooth skin hood
- Turbo black rubber hood
- Magnum black rubber hood
Viking HD Dry Suit Cuffs
Latex HD cuffs are the standard fitment. The Viking HD dry suit can be fitted with a rubber cuff ring system or the Viking Bayonet Ring System. Both systems make the fitment of rubber gloves possible. Latex and rubber mittens are available for fitting to the rubber cuff ring system for heavy working conditions.
Viking HD Dry Suit Footwear
The standard boots are an extension of the leg, where a heavy duty flexible rubber outsole is stitched and taped to the end. The outsole features a non-slip surface for grip. Alternative boot options are available.